Stress is a fact of nature — forces from the outside world affecting the individual. The individual responds to stress in ways that affect the individual as well as their environment..
In general, stress is related to both external and internal factors. External factors include the physical environment, including your job, your relationships, your home, and all the situations, challenges, difficulties, and expectations you're confronted with on a daily basis. Internal factors determine your body's ability to respond to, and deal with, the external stress-inducing factors. Internal factors which influence your ability to handle stress include your nutritional status, overall health and fitness levels, emotional well-being, and the amount of sleep and rest you get.
- The treatment of your stress will vary greatly depending on the types of symptoms you are experiencing and how severe they are.
- Treatment can range from simple reassurance to 3-7 weeks of inpatient care and evaluation at Kensville.
- Careful evaluation and finding out the underlying cause
- Using a mix of herbs, oils, diet, exercise and lifestyle to bring the situation under control
- Practice of yoga, meditation and deep breathing
- Counseling where necessary
- Other Ayurveda treatments for any physical problems discovered